Friday, June 4, 2010

... and that's homesick.

I am homesick. These are some of the photos that make me smile. 


My sister Liz in San Francisco in 2009. I miss her a lot.

There's no place like home.

Liz, Mum and Me in Washington. 

My car is no longer a Queenslander, this was her last day.


Epic homesickness.  I am so keen to hang out with my sister, and go shopping with my mum, and cuddle my kitten. I never knew I would feel this badly homesick. I mean I am living with my man, and I enjoy Perth. I think maybe the lack of 'girlfriends' is driving me a little crazy. I don't feel like I have anyone I can talk to in that girly nonsensical way that is the language of my besties at home. I am hanging out for a hip-hop dance class with the girls, and am desperate for a house party that does not involve every single person making out with each other, while I sit there trying not to stare (it apparently happens like that in Perth). I am anxious to discover what has changed about Brisbane, and see all the people I love to the bottom of my heart. I want to 'shop' in the city without getting lost, I really want to sleep in my own bed. I am aching for hot chocolate late at night, and to see movies that I don't care about with people I adore. I want to see all the changes to the Cement Box (I will never call is the Geoffrey Rush whats-it), and I want to kiss everyone I miss on the cheek and tell them how much I miss them. I want to cry... Perth is not allowing that. I'd like to gush to people who care and I want to feel like I belong to a group of people again. I want to be a red head again.


Perth is nice, but Brisbane is my home and I miss it and all that it means to me. 

E x





No comments:

Post a Comment